Friday 27 February 2015

Friday Folksy Finds - Linen

I am working on a doll for a customer at the moment and she is all in French linen, it is a joy to work with, so this week I am minded to look at linen available on Folksy.  I love the look and feel of linen, indeed some of my favourite shirts are linen.  I am creased beyond belief within minutes of putting them on but I think that is part of the charm.

By Charlotte Macey


I am drawn to linen tableware and have several sets of linen napkins.  I love Charlotte Macey's embroidered tableware, she has a very pretty lavender embroidery but my favourite are the chickens.  Her styling is very primitive but she captures the chicken's attitude perfectly.

By Linen and Lisle


I like the design of this  little linen pouch but it is the fabric that has caught my eye. You could do so many things with such a simple yet elegant pattern.  It is the sort of sewing accessory that I hoard and love.

By Lorna Bateman Embroidery


All of Lorna Bateman's work is stunning and beautifully executed.  Her kits are a wonderful gift for a keen needlewoman.  I particularly like the ribbon work and embroidery onto linen, it sets of the threads and ribbons so well.  Have a peep at her shop, nothing is cheap but it is generous and well packaged.

By Pantsandpaper


There are lots of tablet cases and ebook cases but I thinks that this design by pantsandpaper is one of the best.  The appliqued linen works so well, the detailing is excellent and the overall design is delightful.  I heartily recommend having a peep at the shop, it will be worth your while.

By namolio

Had to finish off with a piece by the home of beautiful linen accessories, namolio.  Last week I highlighted their crochet pieces and this week I really like this set of linen needle cases, all of their work is understated and charming.  A real pleasure to share.

Well, we are off this weekend to Reading - not the most obvious tourist destination - as Becca is attending a workshop by Ostinelli and Priest.  She is both thrilled and terribly nervous.  Her Dad and I are touring around the vicinity visiting National Trust properties that amazingly are open this weekend.  Have a peaceful weekend and warmest wishes.

2 comments:

  1. I love the timeless look of linen - great finds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, me too, just love linen - working with the French printed linen on this currant doll is juat heavanly.

    ReplyDelete