Friday 6 March 2015

Friday Folksy Finds - Tea Towels

We had a lovely weekend in the unlikely location of Reading, not a natural tourist destination but Becca attended a workshop with the wonderful Ostinelli and Priest, the well known animal ceramists.  She had the best time and came home so excited, the horse she made is just beautiful.  This left David and I loose in Berkshire!  Luckily there were several National Trust houses open and we both enjoy them so we indulged.  Basildon Place, home of Basildon Bond paper and The Vyne kept us happily entertained for two days.  This however, led me to indulge in a tiny compulsion, I cannot leave a National Trust Property or any house or castle without a tea towel.  Like buttons and ribbons, I have a bit of thing for tea towels - this has led me to this week's finds, inspired by my National Trust finds I searched for tea towels and found some beauties.
By Charlotte Macey


I had to have one of Charlotte Macey's linen lovelies, this is her lavender embroidery and every bit a lovely as her chickens.  I have a soft spot for lavender anything and these teas towels combine elegant simplicity with superb functionality.

Woah There Pickle


The name of this shop makes me think Yorkshire more than Lancashire but I have been called treacle many times by older relations when I was a child.  The Tate and Lyle inspired motif is a grand take on the treacle tin, I still have a small tin of treacle and one of golden syrup in my stores for baking.  Lovely tea towel, made me smile.

By Sarah Young


All this ladies tea towels are worth a peep, she has some amazing designs with the dual functions of tea towel or cushion cum doll.  You cut out the pattern and sew them up, its a simple as that and they make interesting cushions especially for a child's bedroom.

By Whinberry and Antler


These hand printed lovelies all feature British wildlife, lots to choose from and all beautifully made.  The hedgehog is my favourite but the hare and the badger are equally cute.  Have a peep at their delightful shop, they make all kinds of gifts using their hand printed designs.

By Rock Bakehouse

I have seen lots of font based designs on tea towels have the odd one or two, usually celebrating a visit somewhere.  This design and the other designs by Rock Bakehouse are particularly appealing because they tend have foodie, kitcheny words on them which are highly appropriate for their usage.  Love the pinks and purples of this cake orientated tea towel.  Check out their shop for some interesting designs.

It is a good job I limit myself to five Folksy Finds because there are around two hundred tea towels advertised and I like around one hundred and ninety seven of them which would be a long post.  I do at least use the tea towels I acquire, I like to remember where they come from and the good times we had.

Keep well and have a warm and restful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment