Friday 27 March 2015

Friday Folksy Finds - Embroidery

Hope you are having a great week, the spring weather up in Lancashire is great and we are looking forward to the lighter nights, it will be time to move the clocks on Saturday.  Have had a very enjoyable week embroidering three little samplers, they have gone to the framers now but left hankering after more embroidery so I took a look on Folksy.  As always there are amazing pieces of craft work to find and I was impressed by the variety and talent on show.  These finds are just my favourites, there are plenty more on Folksy from fabulous wedding dresses to cute embroidery hoops there is even a collection of zombie embroideries by fiona t.

By Glass Oyster Bridal

All the work on show in this shop is amazing, not cheap but of such quality that any bride would feel so special in one of their creations.  The colours are muted and elegant, the work is tight and professional.  All the pieces are worth looking at so have a peep at the shop, if you love fine embroidery you will enjoy it.


By La Costurera

Again this is primarily bridal work but could be for other occasions, the embroidery is sumptuous and beautifully worked.  To get such delicacy on such a sheer fabric is amazing. This little shrug has a regency feel that is characteristic of the work, their shop is a delight and well worth visiting.


By Needlepoint Punk

I don't know how old this young lady is but she mentions her A'levels, if she is as young as I suspect the control is incredible.  The pieces of  layered fabric and stitch make a strong image with excellent textures and accurate line.  This little piece is a Brambling but there are two other little wonders, you need a broad sense of humour for some of her work but it is all good.  She trades as Needlepoint Punk and her name is Emily Brown from Hampshire.


By Helen Smith


This piece is called Strata 1, there is Strata 2 and I love them both.  I am always attracted to lines and layers, the combinations of fabric and stitch is very satisfying to my sense of space.  This lady works mostly in glass but I am drawn very strongly to her stitch work.


By Ritzy Swish Textiles Art and Gifts

A very pleasing combination of patching, applique and stitch, could live very happily with any of this designers work, her shop is Ritzy Swish and she is Emma Wood in Northamptonshire.  This attractive cushion comes in a variety of colourways and the shop is worth a visit.  I particularly like Ms Woods brooches and greeting cards but there are all kinds of gifts to be found including gift bags and covered notebooks.

All this week's embroidery has made me hanker after more so I will have to see where my interest takes me this coming week, I have a doll for the end of April and I am up to date so I think I have earned a few play days.  It is very satisfying to set off in a new direction, not really knowing where you are off to but navigating as you go.  New designs and patterns have emerged from such days so here's hoping for an enlightening few days. I will really miss that extra hour in bed but I do so enjoy the lighter nights - have a great weekend and my very best wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment