Friday 20 March 2015

Friday Folksy Finds - Brilliant Buttons

Next week I am about to start a Button Sampler for a new baby and have spent a glorious couple of days searching for the right buttons.  I love buttons, they are completely addictive and compelling.  One of the best shops in the world is a button shop called Duttons for Buttons, it is in Ilkley and a must for buttonaholics.  There are some brilliant buttons on the internet and Folksy has a great choice of every kind, from hand made to vintage, wood to glass, have a peep and enjoy the joy of buttons.

By A Alicia


There are lots of ceramic buttons to choose from on Folksy, far too many to choose just one but I really do like these simple mint green lovelies.  They have an Art Deco feel and would look great as a feature button on a simple sweater or doll dress.  This lady makes all kinds of colours and shapes - well worth a look.

By Gloriana


These pretty little embroidered buttons take me all the way back to high tea at my Grandmas, always a hand embroidered table cloth or tray cloth bought ready printed for her to embroider from Copeland Linens in Ireland.  I am lucky enough to have several of her tablecloths, after many, many years Copeland Linens stopped trading last year as Mr Copeland was well into his eighties and wanted to retire - the end of an era. The buttons by Gloriana are beautifully done in such lovely colours, I like the mix of colours, they make a great combination.  Would look so pretty on a baby jacket or doll dress as a feature.

By Snoochy

This remarkable shank button is by Snoochy and is Czech glass, again as a feature on a doll I would love to use it, shank buttons are no good on samplers because of the framing.  Have a peep at this shop they have some truly amazing Czech glass buttons and are surprisingly reasonable.  Similar to Swarovski buttons in price but I think far more individual.

By Little Paper Circus


I use so many of these printed wooden buttons in cards, samplers and on doll dresses, I have so many designs.  It is always nice to find a design you haven't seen before and these little briar roses are so cute.  If you are looking for a good all round wooden button this shop has oodles to choose from.  Have a browse and enjoy.

By The Crafty Curio Shop

I cannot pretend otherwise but I have a serious addiction problem when it come to vintage buttons, I am always picking up the odd set here and there and then am very reluctant to use them - my daughter thinks I need counselling.  I cannot resist them, especially as a set on the original card.  This glorious shop has so many to choose from, you cannot fail to find the shape and colour you want, the trouble is stopping at just one!

No crafting at all this weekend got to get some serious gardening jobs done, including scarifying the lawn which will leave me sneezing for the whole weekend.  Its the one job in the garden that leaves everywhere looking rougher than when you started but it must be done - so much moss.  Well my best wishes for the Spring Equinox tomorrow and keep well.

No comments:

Post a Comment