Friday 13 March 2015

Friday Folksy Finds - Poppy

Totally the wrong time of year, but I have just started making my Mum's birthday present and she loves poppies.  She has an ancient cushion that is hand painted silk and after many years the silk has given, I offered to repair it or remake it but she wouldn't let me so I am making her a silk applique poppy cushion for her birthday.  Hence poppies in spring but my research led me to some lovely things on Folksy.

By cubbycrafts

Classic poppy water colour plant portrait, beautifully executed, so very delicate and such lovely composition.  This artist has some very attractive pieces and is worth a look, I don't think the price is too bad either for an original.

By IndiePendant

Always love this shop's work, seems to capture the fragility of their subject in a robust and attractive medium.  Lots of pretty flower pendants to look at, beautifully made and would be treasured as a gift.  Think the name is so cool.

By Raw Leather Workshop 

Poppy red and oh so striking, the leather work here is sublime.  A truly great finish and in such a fabulous colour.  I love red but I am not always confident enough to wear it - would feel very dapper sporting this smart handbag.

By Woolrush Handspun Yarns


I fully admit that I am a ribbon, button and yarn addict.  I cannot help but buy these precious items and am then loathed to use them.  This gorgeous hand spun, hand dyed yarn would be a great addition to anyone's stash and I am very tempted.  Lots of subtle colours to choose from and all hand spun.  Check out the amazing buttons too - ooh so tempted!

By Sophie Takes Photos

I think this is very smart, simple and so sophisticated.  It is such a simple composition but the striking colours against the greys are just stunning.  I comes in lots of variations including canvas and would look great against a white painted brick wall in a New York loft.  Have a peep at this shop there are some very interesting photos.  Her Sunlit Field would sit so well with this piece.

Well, got lots of work on at the moment, got my five story dolls off to France and starting a May wedding which will be exciting.  Will share Mum's cushion when it is finished and I hope you will like it.  Keep warm and keep well with spring nearly here.

No comments:

Post a Comment