Friday 6 February 2015

Friday Folksy Finds - Baroque

Hello and welcome to my Friday finds, it has been a good week and I am hoping to have this weekend to finish my Marie inspired doll.  Got a couple of orders out and got a new one in, so very satisfying.  I have gone all baroque this week and am loving the opulence and over the top gilding.  One or two of my finds may be a little bling but I am pleased with them all.

By ZippityDoDahs

In the right spot this baroque patterned ribbon could look just right.  It comes in several pretty shades, this pink, a green and a blue.  It would be a welcome addition to adorn any period doll.  Not a big fan of crossgrain ribbon but would like to work with this one.

By Shropshire Natural Products

What could be more decadent and luxurious than rose petal soap, I imagine the smell and the texture would be heavenly.  The amount of rose petals used at the French Court was astounding from strewn as decorations to the by the ton in perfume - a natural rose essence is one of my favourite scents- fresh and so floral.

By leeski

This totally over the top bead is just wonderful and so baroque in its styling.  It is Venetian Murano glass and this type of bead is known as La Dogaressa.  It is tiny only 2cm by 2.2cm and has 24crt gold foil applied lavishly and can hang on a chain.  It is truly evocative of the 18th century, very appealing.

By HarrietsImagination

Totally different but with strong baroque or rococo styling is this elegant print from Harriets Imagination.  It come in a striking white decorative frame which suits the period providing a pleasing overall effect.  She looks a little sad and strikes a pose as a ship sinking siren.  It is the colour used in this piece that I find exciting, the strong reds contrast so well against the black and grey - very pretty.

By Luxe Tiaras
Freshwater pearls in all forms seem to be reminiscent in designers' minds of baroque styling. There are some ravishing beauties on Folksy as bracelets, earrings or necklaces, in stunning colours but this delicate winter piece caught my eye.  I like the selection of the crystal beads and the flat white pearls, it makes a pretty combination.  Have a peek at their other pieces, they also have a delicate restraint to them  - worth a look.

Hope you have all had a great week and are looking forward to a pleasant weekend, these are my finds for this week and I do hope you approved of them.  I am constantly amazed a what is available on Folksy from all these talented UK artists and designers.  I think we are a very clever and creative little island.  With best wishes and warmest thoughts to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment