Friday 13 February 2015

Friday Folksy Finds - Lucky Charms

Good evening to you all, hope Friday the 13th hasn't been too grim - with that in mind I have been seeking out lucky finds.  Lots of really interesting items and some very talented designers and makers. I have to say I found fun, spooky and some quite odd ideas but have brought you my favourite finds.

By Inky Prints Originals

With all things lucky my absolute favourite is a black cat, our darling PussPuss is jet black and even though he is an avian mass murderer I wouldn't be without him.  Really liked this beautiful and unusual print of a black cat by Inky Prints Originals.  Love lino cuts, been lucky enough to try the technique once or twice and you can get interesting results.  Love the colours, love the textures of the fur and his expression is just great.  Have a peep at their shop, worth a look.

By Nanfan Jewellery

This is a sterling silver lentil bead pendent with gold highlights, it is inscribed with Norse runes and harks back to the creator's Viking ancestry.  I think this is stunning and is my favourite find this week.  On the back the gold has been added in a spiral for good luck - it is where it touches the skin.  These pieces are made by Nana Louise Neilsen and I think she really has the golden touch.

By ClareMcCrory27

These are individual hand painted caligraphic letters and this one is illuminated with pretty scrolls of shamrock for luck.  This lady creates all kinds of different personalised letter forms and each is hand painted.  So very delicate.


By sianuska original art and screen prints

This screen print appealed because it is a collection of lucky things - I particularly liked the pigeon pooing on you, which my grandpa always told us was lucky but which I could never see!  It took me a second to work out the rabbit's foot and not the rabbit and I never knew ladybirds were lucky.  Enjoy her work, its eclectic and fun.


By Silver Birch Hill

Just loved this idea of a lucky charm for my lucky black cat - glow in the dark cat eyes are just wonderful.  PussPuss won't even come into the main part of the house and I think if I tried to put a collar on him it would go down as well as the day I tried to brush him.  He gave me three warnings, clawed the brush, bit the brush and then he bit me.  But for gentler felines out there I think this would look stunning.

Well I hope everyone has had a hazard free day and that Friday the 13th has passed without event - I have enjoyed bringing you a little good luck. My Antoinette doll is finished and as soon as I can get a decent photo I would love to share her with you - had some lovely comments, would always be interested in your views.  Can't get the hang of our new digital camera and will have to wait for Becca to help me out.

Whilst looking over my shoulder my daughter, Becca, shared this image of a lucky witchy cat  brought to you by papercards.com.  I have to agree with her it brought a grin to my face.  Long live cats!
By PaperCards


No comments:

Post a Comment