Saturday 21 February 2015

Friday Folksy Find, on Saturday - Crochet

I must first apologise for being a day late, we had an electrical problem yesterday and it snowballed but all sorted now.  So here are my Folksy Finds on Saturday.  I have wanted to look at crochet for a while now and here are my choices.  I can crochet, indeed I crochet all my dolls hats but not well.  It has been a challenge to improve.  I can go round and round but struggle to get decent edges when trying anything else and I cannot follow a pattern for love nor money but I keep trying.  These pieces are just lovely and I hope you like them.

By namolio

These are scented lavender sachets from a range of crochet items by namolio.  They are all wonderful, I love everything about their work.  The colour, the styling and the finish.  For some reason crochet colours can get wild and I prefer a more restrained palette, you can see the details so much better.  Check out their shop, it is well worth it.

By GunaL


Have absolutely no idea what crazy wool technique is but love this shawl.  Really enjoy the quiet colours and the crochet daisies just lift it.  This is my favourite piece of this lady's work and it is something I would buy but never have the confidence to wear. It would look so good as a summer shawl over a white cotton dress.

By Craftbox


I don't use doilies but I grew up in house full of them.  My grandma crocheted wonderfully and she and her friends made pieces as technical as this.  Very much admire this lady's skill and love the colour choice.  This is crocheted in linen and I think it is splendid.  To see more of Kristina Normante's amazing skill just check out Craftbox.

By Creations by Nina B


This is just the sort of cardi I would have put Becca in when she was tiny.  Warm, practical and easy to get on and off.  Again it is the colour that has drawn me to this piece but this lady makes wonderfully lacy cardis and jumpers for little ones, as well as more simple pieces like this.  There is a little linen lacy sun top and panties that is so sweet - have a peep at the shop.

By namolio

Had to finish with another piece from the glorious namolio.  All their pieces are so stylish and charming.  This garland is so delicate and would look wonderful gracing a wooden bed head. They crochet almost exclusively in linen with just a touch of gentle colour every now and then to warm their colour palette. For a gently elegant gift try their shop.

There are so many crochet finds on Folksy, we have some very talented craftswomen and designers in the UK and it is a pleasure to browse their work.  Colour is a real issue with me and crochet.  The more restrained the better, I think you can see the lovely patterns so much easier and admire the craft.

Well have a great weekend and thank you for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment