Friday 30 January 2015

Friday Folksy Finds - A French Fancy

My french fancy, this week's finds, comes about with a current interest in the French court particularly Marie Antoinette and her ladies.  I am giving myself this weekend to make a doll as a court lady, dressed in my attempt at the period.  So, naturally my Folksy finds this week have turned francophile.  It was a really interesting search and it turned up some lovely pieces, from reproduction and restored furniture to lavender soaps and scrubs. Toile de Jouy and french lace was what came to my mind and I found some intriguing examples.  I hope you enjoy.

Planet Event Direct Trimming and Accessories
 Planet Event Direct Trimming and Accessories while being a mouthful have some delightful laces and trims.  This charming lace shown draped of the gold edged porcelain was just so french to me.  I am a real sucker for lace, ribbons and especially buttons, this shop is worth a look, particularly for interesting lace.

By ClaireCaulfield
 Elegant piece from ClaireCaulfield, really evocative of those Parisienne galleries and market spaces.  Beautifully done and very individual.  She had some great prints inspired by Paris, Venice and New York.  Check her out her work is excellent.

By Crafty Crocs Card Shop

Thought these pretty cards were so french, reminiscent of those amazing printed and woven fabrics that dominated fashion in the eighteenth century.  This shop has all sorts of cards and period postcards, wonderful for gifts and as scrapbooking textures.

By Ginger Pickle

Just had to have a french bulldog, there are many to choose from but I liked the sweetness of this little wooden brooch.  Not expensive, Ginger Pickle have unusual pieces that would make wonderful and unique gifts.

By Rags to Bags
There are all kinds of 'toiles' fabric pieces, aprons, sleep masks and cushions but I just love this very elegant peg bag.  Who says the laundry can't be stylish, I also really like the way the piece is displayed - so very french with the rustic chair and basket.  This simple peg bag is so enhanced by its setting.

Have loved looking at this weeks finds, there are so many french inspired pieces to look at. The setting of some of the items I found were very lovely, it is something I need to address - maybe try something other than a simple white backdrop.  I think my problem is that my dolls are so busy, anything but simple becomes cluttered.  Please enjoy looking at this week's finds and visit the shops for more of their wonderful wares.

No comments:

Post a Comment