Friday 16 January 2015

Friday Folksy Finds - Sea Glass

I have a thing for stones, I like to put a little piece of stone or crystal into all my cloth dolls. Kind of like a little piece of heart or spirit. I am always on the look out for tiny pieces of rose quartz or turquoise even a tiny piece of stone I find in the river or on a walk. Sea glass is also a favourite, I think it is utterly lovely. A crude piece of broken glass made beautiful by the sea, what more could you ask for.So this week I am finding sea glass, I hope you like them.
By Washed and Found
 If I had a neck these are just the sort of earrings I would like to wear!  I love dangle earrings but cannot wear them they just look silly but these pretty glass and silver pair are so lovely.  I think there is nothing like the softness of sea glass, it is just amazing.
By Helen Smith
 Really like this idea, this delicate mixed media card by Helen Smith is so textural and layered.  I have never seen sea glass used with a card before and it works so well in this lady's hands.  It is more like a tiny piece of art and I would love to receive one.  Have a look at her other cards they are truly unusual.
By Washed and Found
 Again by Washed and Found, they are a real find for the gift that is just that bit different.  This is so pretty, the colours are just wonderful and I really enjoy how this company display their wares, the driftwood and sea glass together are sublime.
By Sunny Crystals
 Very, very tempted by this enchanting little collection but I do try to find my own pieces.  The best place I ever found was on the south west coast of Scotland - a much loved holiday destination.  Galloway is delightful and you find all sorts on the beaches there.
By Washed and Found
This final piece is also by Washed and Found, I have discovered a real favourite here.  All their pieces are so delicate and the colours just blow me away.  The combination of this frosty day and the subtle sea glass are very satisfactory, its like ice held for more than the moment - oh listen to me!  Really enjoyed this collection and I now want to make a doll in these wistful winter hues - most pleasing.

Can I just apologise for the late posting of this Friday find it is almost a Saturday find but had endless problems uploading photos- couldn't do it all day.  If anyone else has experienced the 'resumable' problem the only way I could solve it is was to change my browser to chrome from IE9.  Would be interested in any one else's solution.  Warmest wishes on this winter's night.

No comments:

Post a Comment