Friday 2 January 2015

Friday Folksy Finds - Fairy Tale

A Very Happy New Year to all and I hope 2015 is going to be a great year for everyone.  This week I am turning my eye to fairy stories.  I am just about to start a series of fairy tale girls for a shop order and I am very excited about it.  Red riding hood is my very favourite, I just love the styling that goes with the character and all the interpretations that she has inspired.  So here is Red, Goldilocks and Snow White.

By Sarah Young
This neat idea by Sarah Young is a tea towel that you can assemble into the big bad wolf, granny and Red.  It is a really cute idea and she has a whole panoply of designs to choose from, well worth a look.  Red riding hood caught my fancy, I just love the colours and the rather gruesome innerds of the wolf!
By Snapdragon Designs Limited
This is such an interesting idea, three acrylic rings all representing aspects of Snow White.  You have the bitten apple, the dwarves pick axe and the crown.  It is such a subtle idea and a must for all fairy tale fans.  There are other designs, each as idividual and worth taking a peak.
By Kekekaka
I have liked this shop for some time, they make such unusual designs that are ideal as a little gift, even if the gift is to yourself.  They are tiny little printed dolls that come in a printed recycled box complete with a little leaflet about all the mini friends.  If you get hooked there is a wolf to go with Red as well a whole series of attractive brooches and more mini friends.
By Small Stories
I only found this wonderful company when I was looking for inspiration for this post and what a find.  Their brooches are beautiful and so unusual, this little gem is Goldilocks in bed with the three bears peeping at her.  Well finished and presented, just lovely.
By Chasing the Crayon
I cannot resist Chasing the Crayon, all their images and prints are so sublime.  This is a little print and takes a very interesting and quite lovely twist on the story.  I love the details and the texture of the paint is so subtle yet revealing all kinds of details.  The moon on his waistcoat and the wolves on her cloak.  One of my favourites.

Well these are my finds for this week, I hope you enjoy taking a peek.  All the very best for the coming year and warmest wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment