Friday 26 December 2014

Frida and Freya - tiny peg dolls

I thought I would just share these little dainties with you, I have been working on them over my quiet part of this winter season, all the orders went out on time, even last minute requests and I can start anew in January.  For some time I wanted to make a peg doll kit for grown ups - with lots of little beads and buttons and ribbon.  I tried these out on a few people and the over whelming request was for a doll that they could copy or just get ideas from.  So I had so much fun designing these little cuties.  They are made from tiny little pieces of Tilda Fabric with a tiny net underskirt and a double top skirt.  They have a fitted blouse and button jointed arms all finished off with a big ribbon bow, silver charm and a button.  I topped these off with a nifty button hat.   Each kit comes with a painted peg with stand and a plain peg with stand to give people a choice of their own creation or a little help along the way. I am writing a set of instructions to clarify the way I have worked them and boy is that harder than it looks.  Since making the actual little girls I have been asked to make the dolls to sell alongside the kits and I am going to give it a go because they are so pretty and such fun to make.  I hope you like them and I would be interested in any comments you have, this is still a work in progess and would love any hint or ideas you might have.  Well best wishes and have a great day.





No comments:

Post a Comment