Friday 26 December 2014

Friday Folksy Finds - Winter Trees

I want to wish everyone warmest thoughts for the season and thinking on the season, for how long have we brought greenery into the house in winter.  It is such an ancient tradition that I decided to look at trees in winter, not greenery just trees.  The bare winter trees are so evocative of the season and on a cold crisp morning with frost on them they are truly beautiful.
By Twiggd
 I am a big fan of Twiggd's shop and all the wooden badges and brooches.  This is another lovely brooch of winter twigs, they are beautifully made and robust,making a nice addition to your winter wardrobe.  The rugged wood looks good on your winter fleece.
By Lily Apples Art
 What a magnificent tree, caught on a frosty morning in the sun - so winter wonderful.  This print is by Lily Apples and says so much about winter for me.
By Nina Rethalia
 I thought these tiny silver winter twig earings were just grand.  I have never seen this done before and think they would make a great statement about the celebration of the wintertide festival.  I think they are better than the usual firt trees and holly, sophisticated and shabby chic.
By Perfectly Glass
 Get this elegant piece of landscape glass in front of a window in winter sun and I think it will glow.  Its haunting and captivating all at the same time.  Perfectly Glass makes some interesting pieces and are worth having a peek at - this was my favourite though.
By The Way to Blue
I like these cyanotype prints and imagine they look even better lit.  I am not sure how they have done it but the pattern of branches and twigs seems without a repeat and would add to a winter room.  Again they do a range of scenes, all in monochrome blue that really capture the heart of the season.

Well these are my finds for this drizzly Boxing Day, I hope you all enjoy the rest of the holiday and have a great and happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment