Friday 5 December 2014

Friday Folksy Finds - Winter Hare

We never see hares at home because we live near the woods but my dear Aunty Irene lives on the moss at Farington and on winter walks you do see the hares.  Becca and I went for a quick wander about last night and under the moonlight we saw a couple of hares crossing one of the fields.  It was magical.  They were off in the distance but you could tell they were hares by the loping gate and I think any rabbits would have been in bed as it was just going dark.  This inspired my choices for this week and I love what I found.
By ChasingtheCrayon
This is lovely print.  The illustration is beautifully detailed with the style lending itself so readily to a winter scene.  I would love to see this design made up into a fully size doll, the patterning on the dress would be so good to work with as a fabric design.
By ArtyEmily
This is stunning, the embroidery is so well done.  I love embroidery and still manage to do a fair bit myself, but the detail she has achieved to capture the fur of the hare show consumate skill.  It works so well being only partially completed.  Emily has just got that stare when you surprise a hare, really good.
By The Ruby Range
I have enjoyed The Ruby Range for some time, being another doll maker I greatly enjoy seeing Andria's creations.  This little Winter Hare is chock full of whimsy and would make a delightful addition to a child's bedroom.  I just love the nose and the knitted sweater.

By Them Silver Seas Jewellery
Them Silver Seas have some wonderful hare jewellery and it was hard to chose just one hare but this one had everything.  The moon and the hare caught is such a great idea and I enjoy all the detail around the main subject.  I never wear jewellery but I do appreciate good pieces and this is very sweet and powerfully totemic at the same time.
By Louise Jenkins Illustration
This illustration by Louise Jenkins is a piece of three dimentional wall art, made up of several layers of watercolour paper to give the effect.  It is unframed and to be wall mounted.  I think the hare and the moon surrounded by winter flowers and tiny details is just very pretty.  The piece is really engaging and has so much to look at you see new details every time you glance at it.  Check out her other illustrations they a very good and well worth a view.
 
When I started to look I was surprised at how many wonderful hare related pieces there are.  If you have enjoyed these exampes or like me are a fan of the humble hare, check our Sophie Ryder's website for some monumental Lady Hare sculptures.  They are fantastic, the sheer scale when you see one in the flesh is a knock out.  My warmest wishes to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment