Friday 9 January 2015

Friday Folksy Finds - Vintage

I've gone all vintage this week, we are off to a Vintage Fair this afternoon and I am greatly looking forward to it.  I am always on the look out for buttons, particularly mother of pearl buttons and lace for custom dolls.  I have taken to looking for Polish Wooden Dolls too, the rougher the better.  I've remade one or two and they have come up great so maybe I will put one on the shop.  The ones I buy are usually without clothes and sometimes without hair if they are too neat I can't touch them and just keep them - I now have quite a few!  Any how I digress - please enjoy my vintage collection of finds.
By Retro68
 The only word to describe this is 'groovy'.  In the right place this lamp shade would look great, but it would have to be the right place.  I really love it but would have no where in my home to display it.  I've never been brave enought to do the whole retro thing but I do so enjoy it and collect little bits to satisfy my love of fabric.
By Witty Dawn
 You cannot look on Folksy for vintage and not come across Witty Dawn.  Where she finds all these wonderful fabrics I haven't a clue but she has some gorgeous items all made with seventies fabric.  This little mouse is such a sweetie but she does a whole range of fabrics, characters, cushions and lamp shades.  She is a wonderful source for all things seventies.

By Brighton Beautiful
 Couldn't resist this glowing pattern on this lovely bag by Brighton Beautiful.  It is just so cheery and bright, it would be a pleasure to use.  This is the sort of bag I like when taking oodles of bits and bobs to classes, big and roomy but a pleasure to look at.

By Wychbury Designs
What a wonderful idea, I could see this being really useful as well pretty to look at.  It would save me sticking pins in my mouth when dealing with a particularly difficult seam.  The vintage buttons and fabric make it extra special.
By Witty Dawn
I am so tempted by this cushion, it is just my colours and I love this large seventies print.  Again this is by Witty Dawn but with so many vintage peices to choose from I couldn't have just one could I.  If you are at all interested in fabrics or love that seventies look please take a peak at her shop, it is a veritable treasure trove.

Well I really enjoyed that, I just love anything vintage, I really go for the fifties look of Heal's prints and Lucienne Day.  Hope you find my selection interesting and that it inpires you to take a peak at the vintage world on Folksy.  Have a great week and warmest wishes.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely collection! I will be interested to see your Polish dolls when you post about them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, I am so glad you liked them - so groovy. The Polish dolls are coming along nicely, found another on Friday and look forward to sharing them. Warmest wishes. :)

      Delete