Sunday 11 August 2013

Brunehilda, a story doll



This is Brunehilda, a story doll who was made for an exhibition at the end of my City and Guilds Part II in Stitched Textiles. She has characters in her apron from the children's book by Johanna Spyri, Heidi. She carries Goat Peter, Heidi and Clara in her apron and the two goats, Little Swan and Little Bear are at her waist.  The idea was that you could tell the story of Heidi using the little tomte and the goats stashed in her apron.  Brunehilda is a big girl, she measures over two feet and is quite the largest doll of this kind I have ever made.  I developed a style of my own and have tried differing way to explore their shape and character. I intend to make other story dolls using old story book favourites as my inspiration but Brunehilda is the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment