Wednesday 14 August 2013

Another Grand Day Out

We had another very good day, Thursday, 8th August at The International Festival of Quilts at the NEC in Birmingham.  It's a good day because I get to ferret out all my wonderful prints for the dolls.  Most of my plains and nearly all of my stripes come from recycled souces but I do feel that a good print brings the whole thing together.  There were plenty of great stall there this year including Petra Prins from Holland and the amazing Patchwork Corner from Herfortshire.  The visitors come from all quarters as well, you hear lots of conversations in different tongues and you know that this is a truly international gathering.  Again I would recommend this show to anyone interested in stitching, embroidery or quilting as the standard of quilts this year was out of this world.  The quilt I have shown here was stunning and won a prize in the competitions but sadly I didn't take the makers name but what colours.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment