Wednesday 31 August 2016

Bronagh - A Robin Red Breast Doll

 Bronagh is an embroidered Robin doll, made with just embroidery and no paint - I am finding I like them better that way.

The embroidery represents a stylised plumage of the European Robin and she is dressed in a Winter fabric that is definitely not festive.  All these dolls are just ten inches tall and are dressed in fabric to compliment their plumage! Her face, breast and wings are heavily hand embroidered both front and back.  She has coordinating skirts and knickers with a lovely lace petticoat.  She has tiny leather shoes, stripy legs and her outfit is finished with organza ribbon with tiny button detail.  To set her outfit off she sports a tiny embroidered lavender sachet in tonal colours.  She is gently stuffed with lavender in her stuffing to make for a pretty scent and a brass ring to her back so she can hang.

Bronagh sold this morning and is off to Rufford this afternoon to her new home.  I am making more of these English bird dolls and hope to have some on Etsy soon.  They are a joy to make and I really enjoy making something so dainty, they sit so well in your hand. Being an unashamed heffalump myself I do find I like delicate in my work.  I hope you like her.






No comments:

Post a Comment