Friday 20 May 2016

Little Ottile - in duck egg blue and fruit

 Ottilie is the smallest of the dolls I have made, she stands just 12 inches from the tips of her tiny leather shoes to her tall blond hair.  She is dressed sweetly in soft duck egg blue with a gentle fruit motif.

She is of course to my own pattern and she has a hand painted and embroidered face with hand stitched hair.  Her dress is accented with co-ordinating bloomers and underskirt with a full net underskirt for lift.  She has a slightly slimmer profile for variety but she is still all lady.

Her outfit is finished with buttons to her back with an organza ribbon & bow.  Added to her stuffing is chamomille and she is sporting a tiny lavender and chamomille sachet made from tonal fabric with a band sampler front.  I really enjoy counted thread work and this little touch appealed to me. I find her colours and her smile content, I hope you enjoy her too.


No comments:

Post a Comment