Thursday 26 May 2016

Little Myrtle - all in berries

Little Myrtle is only twelve inches tall from the tip of her leather shoes to the top of her head.  She makes a gentle companion with a sweet scent and a wistful expression.

As ever she is to my own pattern with hand styling and embroidery, dressed in a fetching aqua blue with brilliant berries and leaves.  Her dress is trimmed with tiny buttons and organza ribbon with a brass ring so that she can hang.  She is gently stuffed with lavender added and sporting a tiny sampler style lavender sachet to complete her outfit.

These little dolls are a delight to make and I enjoy their individual faces.  I never want an homogeneous look to their faces and always try to make each girl individual but I must confess to being hung up on brown eyes - I am just finishing a little girl with blue eyes and I have to say I like her.  So more blue and green eyes.

The fabric for this little doll is another selection bought in Holland and again their combination is just great.  Those ladies have a really good eye.  Well off to North Wales tomorrow for a quilt exhibition - I will take lots of photos and look forward to sharing.  All my very best.



No comments:

Post a Comment