Tuesday 15 December 2015

Tuesday Talent - Pamela Cowart-Rickman

 This is another of my favourite doll makers and a woman whose work I have admired for quite some time.  I love the fullness of her figures, they have a sturdy non nonsence feel to them and the style is original and compelling.

I know almost nothing about this lady, she appeared in Susanna Oroyan's iconic books and again in the Lark Series, 500 Handmade Dolls.  She was a former member of the NIADA  and was active right up into the millenium but since has disappeared from view. Sadly she has no web presence and there is virtually no mention of her anywhere on the net.

However all I do know is that Pamela is an American artist that hails from Rock Hall in Maryland and that she worked in fabric, paperclay, fabric paints and acrylic.  Also that her girls ranged in size from under ten inches to over two foot.  I adore the paperclay mask faces and the raffia top knot for hair. Please enjoy her work and should any one know anything more about her or where I can see more of her work I would be grateful if you could let me know. My warmest winter wishes to you all.




1 comment:

  1. Pretty good post. I have just stumbled upon your blog and enjoyed reading your blog posts very much. I am looking for new posts to get more precious info. Big thanks for the useful info. adult talent agency

    ReplyDelete