Thursday 31 December 2015

Gerda - The Last Doll of 2015

This is Gerda, my last doll of the year.  She is a tall miss, one of my tallest, standing around sixteen inches. Gerda is heavily tea stained, I wanted to age her more to give an antiqued feel. I love the marks and blemishes she has, particularly on her hands. She carries a little beribboned blue bird, is dressed in soft blues & pinks by Tilda Fabrics with button joints and little leather shoes.

Her hair, as always, is wool tops but this time I have found a passable blond.  Too often the blondish colours look yellow but this cool blond by Trimits is a lovely colour that I think works well.

As always I try to find a gentle expression, a warmth or softness to my dolls' faces and I am particularly happy with her calmness. She would make a very gentle friend to sit on your bed or lie on a favourite chair. I hope you like and I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to all my viewers and to wish you all a very joyous and peaceful New Year wherever you may be.








No comments:

Post a Comment