Wednesday 23 December 2015

Fion, An Embroidered Robin Red Breast Doll

This is Fion, my last robin before Christmas 2015, she is not an order so I can share her.  The colours are softer in reality but again my awful photography and such poor light at the moment.

Her head is printed with stencils as usual and she is stitched using random cross in three colours, fly stitch and whipped running stitch. Her eyes are a pair of black beads and she has detailed embroidered wings with applique buttons and beads.  The fabric was chosen to complement the robin idea and has little red birds perching on winter branches, it is from the Moda Range 'A Winters Lane' by Kate and Birdie.  Her dress is finished with a red organza ribbon and little buttons to the back of the neck.

She is not necessarily a Christmas robin, I have made eight of these little ladies over the last few weeks and some were definitely Christmas birds as they had more festive fabric and heavier embroidery.  She is a winter robin I think, the berries on the bare branches confirm this. These birds have been such a success this year and they are a joy to make I will continue them into the New Year. I have orders for several repeats and orders for new birds I have yet to try so such fun to look forward to. My next bird will be a female bullfinch because we have had a pair overwintering in the garden this year.  Well its been a great year so her I am wishing you all a most warm and joyful festive season, Blessings for Yule and a Very Merry Christmas.




No comments:

Post a Comment