Friday 14 November 2014

Friday Folksy Finds - Autumn Choices

I want to share five Friday Folksy Finds, these are gifts or jewellery or just simply lovely items that have taken my eye over the last week on Folksy.  I am going to try and do this most Fridays, pick a theme and look for gorgeous things in the Folksy Marketplace. As a maker it does you good to look at others work, to give you inspiration or just good colour combination.  Sharing it with you all will make me look all the harder. This week I wanted to find Autumn picks because walking through the park this morning, its still so warm and we still have the most amazing colour up here.  The beech stands are just glowing, so with that in mind here are my five finds.

A delicate delight by Indie-Pendant
I don't wear jewellery but the pendant is so sweet and such good colours for this time of year.  The rich colours give it vintage feel and the name of the shop is wonderful.

Pretty Autumn Leaves by Oh My Craft
The leaf mats are so delicate, you wouldn't to use them as doilies for ornaments they are too lovely to place anything on top of them.  I would like several to scatter on an old reclaimed bookshelf we have to add a little interest amidst the chaos of the books and wooden pieces we have.  The colours are really good.

This is so scrumptious by Penny Jane Designs
 I am completely in love with this scarf, it looks so warm and so stylish as well.  I like felted gifts, I have been given a few and have made a few myself.  Wet felting is a very therapeutic if hard on the hands and lower back, but warm wet soapy wool is lovely to handle, the smell is pretty good too.  I think this scarf is gorgeous, bright orange against the warm moss green is so autumnal, the scarf seems to glow.

Wonderful quilled leaves by Victoria Brewer
Quilling seems to be making a come back, with modern designs and vibrant colours these leaves are really fun and very contemporary.  I think one or two hung at windows in the sun, the little shish mirrors just catching the sun would be a lovely touch to any room, particularly my work cabin which get all the morning sun!

A foxy whiskered gentleman by Seaforth Designs
I think this fox cushion is just great, love all the muted tweeds setting off the burnt orange of his face, all Seaforth Design cushions have a good combinations of textured fabric to give a really robust country look.


 If any of these gorgeous hand made gifts takes your fancy they are all to be found by the shop names attached to each picture.        

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous finds - love the autumnal colours - it's the best thing about this time of year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I alway enjoy the season we are in and I am always ready at the end of summer for autumn and I agree the colour is the best thing about autumn. I think the mild weather has made this autumn even more enjoyable. PS, I am so glad you like my finds. Thank you.

      Delete