Thursday 1 August 2024

Honesty and Elodie, in late summer colours

 

Vintage Liberty Prints and strong late summer colours are lending an autumnal vibe to my dolls this week. I can feel a change in the mornings, it is still dark at 5 am. You feel it more in the morning than the evening at this time of year.
Each doll has carnelian to her heart with chamomile in her stuffing. I am just starting to make my autumn brooches for autumn stalls. I love this time of year with all the sunflowers abounding.
Elodie is a little mohair mouse with a hand embroidered dress. The motif is appliqued and then embroidered by hand. The embroidery runs around the skirt of the doll and features tiny buttons with seed beads. Finished with organza ribbon, tiny buttons and a sampler pillow she is a true folk art mouse.
Elodie has carnelian to her heart with chamomile in her stuffing and has that late summer, early autumn feel that August brings to my mind. She has a Liberty print underskirt teamed with cream tulle and cream broderie bloomers.
This little Lancashire witch, Honesty, is dressed in a vintage Liberty tana lawn called Poppy and Honesty. Rich oranges, coral and blue greys compliment each other for a subtle colourway.
Finished with deep apricot organza ribbon, tiny buttons and a sampler pillow. She has a blue grey wool felt hat with a tiny copper acorn, a motif repeated on her sachet.
I genuinely enjoy complimentary colours and the burnt orange with the blue grey are a lovely compliment.
I hope it is not too hot for everyone today, at 5 am it is pretty warm already and I am going to get the watering can out to refresh tired, hot pots!




















No comments:

Post a Comment