Friday 30 August 2024

Armand, A New Imp

 

We are both busy making new Imps for Imp Squeak. I have started taking the motif from the fabric and embroidering the tummy of these wicked little mice.
Embroidering onto the fur is quite challenging and you have to clip the fur first but I do like the results.
As ever the porcelain details are hand carved from Reuban's cast of his original sculpture. The Imp is buttoned jointed and weighted with sand, has lavender in his stuffing with a tumblestone obsidian crystal to his heart.
His tiny collar is a striped lined Liberty print called Fairytale Forest the midnight version. Reuban takes the time to embellish with stain each little head and this little chap has a tiny white tear.
I like the folk art style of the embroidery details. Two great bear artists that use embroidery in their bear making are @bearlescent and @berloga_teddy whose work I both admire. The space on the tummy was just asking to be embellished and I really enjoyed doing it. I have certain stitched I return to time and again giving the work a unique look I feel. Teamed with little bronze bell charms I think it is a lovely detail.
I do love that tail, it is so cheeky! We will have new Imps on the shop today and if you can give a like or even follow us @impsqueak that would be wonderful and really give Reuban a boost. He is working so hard and developing new heads. A mouse skull and a froad is on the drawing board. The froad is as you can imagine part frog part toad with a little of both in the design.
Have a lovely weekend and enjoy this little burst of sunshine xx












No comments:

Post a Comment