Thursday 15 August 2024

Autumn hoops and brooches

 

I have been quietly working on my hoops and brooches for the last few weeks. Fitting them in around commissions. I show these at events and in galleries. I was wondering whether to list some of them on my Folksy Shop?
The little landscapes are worked with stencil brushed oil pastel before being left to dry for 48hours and then heat fixed. I then embroidery them.
These little hoops are feeling the autumn vibe in the air and the brooches have the same colourway. The little hoops are just 3inches and the larger hoops are really just to show off different stitches that I use in my sampler work.
Let me know what you think, I would be really interested. They are a joy to make and a welcome change from the sewing machine. I do love slow stitch, the gentle rhythm is very calming.
These are the little daisy brooches I make, each in a tiny 4cm embroidery hoop. They have a brooch back and come mounted on a little card.
I love using every little bit of left over fabric to make these and so there are always wonderful variations in colour. However, the white daisy is the most popular.
Each daisy has a contrasting centre with a button finish and is embroidered with French knots and straight stitch. They take minutes to make and I make them in large batches. Probably making brooches and hoops is the only time a make in batches. Each doll is a one of kind but I do enjoy the process of setting up a production run!
This is the other style of brooch I make. Again in little embroidery hoops but a landscape not a daisy. This collection has that autumn feel to the colourway.
I make both landscape and portrait brooches. Each style gives rise to its own pattern and landscape.
Again I use a white tana lawn, which I was first to remove any size. I then use stencil brushes and paper stencils to create a landscape with Markel oil sticks. This is then left to dry for 48 hours before being heat fixed.
I then embroider each brooch using fern stitch, French knots, straight stitch and couching.
Let me know what you think about listing a few on Folksy, I would like your views. Thank you xx




















No comments:

Post a Comment