Thursday 4 April 2024

Cosmos, A Summer Badger

 

Little Cosmos is a badger girl dressed in a lovely Acufactum print called Perennial Love. Summer flowers in pinks and purples abound on this lush fabric. With thyme in her stuffing and snowflake obsidian to her heart she is gentle soul.
This little girl along with the other badgers will be at Eden Gallery in Newburgh on 12th April with me for the day. Just for the day, all the dolls will be £35 and all the mice with be £25. There will be new brooches and hoop embroideries along with lots of new characters to view. Just come along and say hello, it will be lovely to see you. The gallery is beautiful and Helen and Rachel will be pleased to see you.
Each of my dolls sports a sampler pillow, I love the contrast of textures between the fabric of the dress and counted thread work. With leather shoes, tiny buttons and organza ribbon, I like to think each doll is a texture portrait. An illustration in cloth. Heavily inspired by Brambly Hedge, Beatrix Potter and Racy Helps I love to hold these little dolls in my hand, that is so satisfying.
It has been a joy to make all of these little woodland creatures for this show. I am not showing all of them and some will be listed on my Folksy Shop too. Still working on my cat doll. She will be a side facing cat like the badgers and the rabbits. These are all going to be called Mausi Creatures for the new business venture between myself and Reuba. Who is very busy making Imp Squeek mice in porcelain and fur fabric. Not quite ready yet but looking very intriguing.
In the longer term Reuba will also be making porcelain jewellery pieces using the sprigging technique you see on Wedgewood style ceramics. Lots happening as we get ready for the summer shows.












No comments:

Post a Comment