Friday 22 March 2024

Fern, A woodland fox

 

Fern is a tiny vixen dressed in mushrooms and ferns for a woodland feel. She has carnelian to her heart with chamomile to her stuffing and is one of the dolls I will be taking to Eden Gallery on the 12th of April. She will have a brother fox dressed in a fern waistcoat and cravat with a tulip vixen and a midnight vixen.
The commissions are coming along nicely and I am looking forward to badgers and my new side facing cat. Very excited for her.
Tilda Chambray Olive compliments her dress with broderie anglais bloomers and tulle petticoats. Her tiny shoes are leather and she sports a sampler pillow with a little bronze acorn. I think Mrs Bunny needs to look behind her!
You can just see her tail peeping out from her dress. I think these details are important and love fiddling with them. These side facing animal dolls are all hand embroidered to delineate their features, something I really enjoy.
Well it really is a spring day her in Lancashire, the sun is shining and for once it is not raining. We are off to the hairdressers, something I dread. Being autistic it is proximity. I find things like dentist and hairdressing a real chore. People so close to me really bothers me but Morgan is lovely and always does a good job. If I was brave enough to shave my head and not bother I would but I couldn't carry it off, haha!









No comments:

Post a Comment