Friday 15 March 2024

Clover, A Spring Bunny

 I am currently working on a number of commissions and preparing for a show day at Eden Gallery, Newburgh on April 12th.

I will be there with my stall from 10am to 4pm with a range of new dolls and new brooches etc.
Clover is dressed in a lovely fabric by Acufactum called Clover and Dill and little Clover Bunny has both dried red clover and dried thyme in her stuffing along with a rose quartz crystal.
I am making little bunnies, foxes and badgers with hopefully a new cat pattern, all side facing. There will be a few new embroidered mice too!
If you have never been to the Eden Gallery and are local it is a truly lovely space with a delicious tea room and a great range of workshops.
You can just see her tiny bright pink leather shoes in this lovely photograph. The colours of the fabric are carried through the sampler pillow and accented with hand made cord to match the dress and a little silver acorn charm.
Most of the new dolls are dressed in Acufactum fabric. It is both beautiful to look at and wonderful to use. It holds its shape when cut and sewn even for very tiny pattern pieces.
I have carried the secondary fabric through from the underskirt to the lining of the bodice and into the ear lining. I find these tiny details elevate the doll, giving a lovely finish.
Reuba, my trans son and myself are working on a new business called Mausi by Pook and son. It will feature my dolls and their ceramic headed mouse dolls with little pieces of ceramic jewellery, also made by them. Plus lots of tiny pieces worked as a collaboration. They want to learn my textile techniques to make their work mixed media and to learn how the business works. We are really enjoying ourselves!


 













No comments:

Post a Comment