Friday 29 December 2023

Rosaria, A Rose Mohair Mouse

 

Rosaria is a little rose pink mouse for the end of the year. This pale pink Helmbold mohair is one of my favourites. Pale pink eyes and ears with a darker pink tail, this little mohair mouse is gently scented with rose petals and rose absolute. With a tiny piece of rose quartz to her heart.
The heavily embroidered and appliqued skirt to her dress is reflected in the choice of a vintage Liberty print as her petticoat and is just peeping at the lining to the bodice of her dress. All pinks and creams she is a light of sweetness.
I do like the folk art look to my embroidery. With felt applique delineating the pattern which is then over stitched. I use a mixture of stitches, beads and buttons to, hopefully, create a pleasing texture palette with a rhythm running across her skirt. The embroidery runs around the skirt to the back and the colours are picked up by the choice of underskirts and bodice lining. The little sampler pillow echoes these colours.
This is my last post of 2023 and can I take this opportunity to thank all of you, who have supported me this year. Both my customers and on social media. Your support means the world to me. It is so lovely to be part of such a generous and kind community.
Wishing you all the very best for 2024 with my warmest regards.













No comments:

Post a Comment