Friday 8 December 2023

Lumi, A Winter Mohair Mouse

 

We have had busy week as we had to have a new roof! Bit of a shock to the old purse but needs must. We had had a few people telling us they could fettle the problem but our man actually went into the loft and in one spot you could see daylight!
So this week I have only made one doll, which is a first for me. Little Lumi is a snow mouse dressed in an embroidered winter ensemble. Taking cold winter colours, I appliqued felt forms and then embroidered and beaded them. Running freehand slow stitch embroidery across the dress skirt to the back of the skirt.
I wanted to make a winter mouse not a Christmas mouse and I like her for that.
I love the cold colours and that touch of ice. The colours follow onto her little stitched pillow and run right around the dress to the back seam.
I have use a piece of snowflake obsidian to her heart with rosemary in her stuffing for a gentle winter scent. I like rosemary generally but it makes for a lovely winter fragrance. It is one of the strong scents still in my garden and when I brush the bushes they fill the air with aroma.
The touch of dark pink thread picks out her nose with paler pink whiskers. I love the softest pink eye. These are Gutermann 4mm glass beads. Her ears are the softest leather, so fine and soft that they scrunch in a most appealing way. The mohair is a German sparse fabric with a very short pile so her fur stands on end which I love!
She will be the first mouse in my restock in January. I am working on more mohair mice also for January.
Taking Mum to Bents Garden Centre today at Glazebury to see the decorations ( I am going to sneak off and look at the plants!) Have a lovely weekend and my warmest wishes xx













No comments:

Post a Comment