Friday 25 August 2023

The Start of Witch Season

 

I have just started witch season in earnest and I am showing a little girl from last year as all my dolls this week have been commissions I cannot share.
Look out for new witches and fairy godmothers over the next few weeks.
I am getting ready for the Mysterious Earth Conference next weekend in St Anne's, a new event for me but one I am really looking forward to.
If you wanted to come along to the YMCA in St Anne's I will be there but it is ticketed and needs to be pre booked. Lots of fascinating talks planned.
It was really interesting to look back at these photographs, work in progress is always fascinating. Even my own! Having rested my hand and continued with my physio exercised I am finding I can make two or three of these painted faces a week. I must not however over do it and end up with the shakes.
Poor thing looks so forlorn completely bald!
All the dolls arrive in organza bags because an acquaintance opened a wedding event business two weeks before lockdown and then sadly folded. She had bought literally thousands of organza bags in anticipation of a long career and then kindly gave them all to me!
I will use them until I run out rather than have them go into landfill. Also, I do think they keep the dolls fresh and nicely packaged when they arrive.









No comments:

Post a Comment