Thursday 17 August 2023

Summer House Mouse

 

Clementine is a little harvest mouse in a pretty Liberty print dress waiting for autumn to arrive. I can feel it in the air first thing in the morning and the garden is starting to change subtly. We back onto woodland and I am just starting to sweep up some leaves and the horse chestnuts have turned.
I enjoy all the seasons but I am always ready for the change when it comes.
Mandarin is a little gentleman mouse with turquoise to his heart and lavender in his stuffing. Dressed smartly in peacock blue with a zing of orange. I just love this combination for late summer, the range is from The Summer House by Liberty and I am adoring the orange and peacock blue together.
I went for a peacock blue shot cotton shirt for a change from white linen as it enhanced the rich colour palette sweetly.
This little trio was inspired by The Summer House fabric collection by Liberty. I particularly like the Conservatory Fruit print with the oranges on peacock blue. The little girl to the back is in Kew Trellis, which reminds me of Knot Gardens from Elizabethan England.
The rich colours are so reminiscent of my garden at the moment. Late summer dahlias in rich tones are dominating and I just love them.

























No comments:

Post a Comment