Friday 4 August 2023

A Trio of Berry Mice

 

A little trio of Summer Berry Harvest Mice. All our brambles and damsons are ripening, with rose hips on the rugosa and berries on the rowan. I liked the idea of using a related collection of fabrics, the ones chosen are Liberty Botanical Jewel collection. I like that each is related but different and little Cassis is looking left for contrast.
Each mouse has a unique outfit but the colourways are related and I kind of like that. Each mouse has rose petals to their stuffing and a tiny garnet at their heart, like a drop of berry juice.
I love the raspberry leather for their shoes, just great to use and a gorgeous colour. I like also that Blackcurrant has a much larger patterned dress under her cape and that I used bright red for the little boy's scarf not purple which would have been too tonal.
Damson mouse has a lovely print dress called Mamie Flower from the Botanical Jewel Collection by Liberty. Teamed with plum cotton from the Tilda Chambray range and with raspberry leather shoes.
My next little collection will be colours in that late summer moment when harvest time arrives and we start to slide into early autumn.
Berries are ripening, hips and haws are starting to dominate over the flowers and my garden, at least, is starting to look tired after the vibrancy of high summer. It seems to happen earlier now, my baskets and bedding are starting to flag and my late summer perennials are coming into their own. On that thoughtful note, have a lovely weekend and my warmest wishes xx














No comments:

Post a Comment