Wednesday 28 September 2016

Awel - An Autumn Robin Doll

 This is Awel, it is pronounced Ah-Well like a sigh and means gentle breeze in Welsh.  She is, as you can tell an Autumn Robin Doll.  Her dress is a lovely Lewis and Irene fabric called 'A Walk in the Glen' and this particular colourway is called simply 'cream'.  There are two other colourways on grey with purple heather and on fawn with lavender heather.

To enhance the Autumn feel to her I have added orange tones to her embroidery and I am very happy with the pattern of her plumage.  The pleasure I get from stitching these little birds is wonderful and if I do say so myself the tiny size makes them very appealing.  I definitely prefer the self coloured cloth, which in this case is a beautiful Oakshott nutmeg brown, to painted plumage as it has an overall better finish and is much easier to embroider.

Overall I think she is both delicate and pretty, making a happy addition to my patterns.  I am about to start a Winter Robin before beginning one or two Christmas birds.  I am making all my Christmas presents this year so I will have to start soon.  I hope you enjoy Awel and she brings some Autumn cheer to your day.





No comments:

Post a Comment