Thursday 7 July 2016

Morwenna Wren - in Fawn, Pink and Yellow

 Morwenna Wren is another commission, so thank you to Barbara for allowing me to share. She is not going far, just down the road to Leyland.  I was in a gallery show recently and have been amazed at the work that it has generated locally.  Being seen really makes a difference as no matter how I try my photos don't do the girls justice.

With all commissions I always send out fabric samples for the customer to choose from and a basic drawing of what they will be getting if a new design or with photos of the doll if an old pattern.  I like customers to choose their fabric, it makes the doll just for them.  This little lady had to be 'pretty', 'feminine' and 'birdy', hence the pretty 'A little bird told me' by Lewis and Irene. It's a lovely range of fabrics from last year that have little birds in various guises all over them. It comes in Tea - which I used here or Welsh Blue or Spring Yellow.

I have started sewing straight onto a coordinating fabric without painting and I am continuing to experiment with this method as I like the effect and you get a neater stitch than onto to painted fabric but will continue to do both methods.  So here is Morwenna, I hope you like her, plenty more birds coming up as I continue on my Robin marathon.  Have a great week and enjoy the sunshine.





No comments:

Post a Comment