Thursday 14 July 2016

Edlyn Blue Tit in Yellow

Edlyn is another small bird doll, again like the wrens the stitching defines the patterning of the bird.  I have stitched straight onto blue Oakshott fabric without any paint details. I think this makes for a more elegant doll and I prefer the tiny size, she is only ten inches tall.

With the next blue tit doll I am going to drop the blue slightly on the breast to increase the yellow stitch presence and not scoop the dress so severely as it shows too much green chain stitch. I might even reduce the amount of green overall in favour of more yellow feather stitch, you really need to see the yellow of the breast.

I can laugh at myself because I know I cannot go for accuracy with these little birds, at the end of the day they are a bird in a dress, not at all realistic in form.  However I want the embroidery to be as real a representation of the bird as possible and I want the dress fabric to reflect the bird's plumage as much as possible.

I have to say I am enjoying all the embroidery on these little birds and their counted thread work lavender sachets.  





No comments:

Post a Comment