Thursday 24 March 2022

Nightshade, A Midnight Mouse

 

This is Nightshade, a tiny midnight mouse. She is a hand embroidered mouse with little leather ears and tail. She is dressed in a Liberty tana lawn cotton called Faria Small Flowers, the midnight version in greys and dark greens with coordinating underskirts in black tulle mesh and white cotton lace bloomers. Her dress is finished with organza ribbon, tiny buttons and little leather shoes. She is a black mouse with black ears and tail, grey wishkers and an embroidered black nose.

She is softly stuffed with rose petals in her stuffing for a gentle scent and she has a tiny rose quartz at her heart. She has a brass ring to her back in case you want to place her on the wall.

I love colour and I am particularly drawn to the delicate prints you can find in Liberty Tana Lawn, a super light weight cotton. However, sometimes I find myself attracted to less colourful prints and I buy them and never use them. So the midnight series was born, little creatures in blacks and greys with dark prints that please me. This particular print with the moonlight flowers and midnight greens is called Faria Small Flowers and I can almost hear the moths in the foliage xx








No comments:

Post a Comment