Friday 13 October 2017

The Best Sewing Machine in the World

I cannot recommend the Bernina 830 Record highly enough, I use it everyday and it runs like a dream.  So much so that if ever it broke and couldn't be repaired I would seek out a replacement rather that buy a new machine. 

The ease of which you can go from one stitch to another, the simple way you drop the teeth and machine embroider all make this a dream machine.  They were produced by Bernina between 1971 and 1982, they beat more modern machines hands down.  There is a neat buttonhole facility, multiple decorative stitches and the bobbin is easy to fit and clean.  It is fast, although working on such tiny pieces of fabric I don't go that fast but not as fast as its x40 flatbed cousins.  The worst thing about this machine is that over time the plastic parts of the casing have yellowed while the metal remains cream - not such a big deal. 

If you are looking for a real workhorse you couldn't do any better.  You can tell I am an enthusiast! I have had my Record for fifteen years and I love it.  So if you are looking for a new machine and don't need to program it think vintage.





No comments:

Post a Comment