Tuesday 11 April 2017

Tuesday Talent - Les Petites Mains by Sarah

Lapin Cerise
 Les Petite Mains hail from Montreal in Canada and are lovingly created by Sarah.  For a time she made dolls that hinted at the style of Jess Brown but very quickly they became her own creations.

She states herself that she doesn't like doing doubles so many of her girls are one of a kind or limited edition.  Recently she has moved away from her full sized dolls and started making her mini dolls, better for little hands maybe. These have all the charm of the full sized girls with only half the size.  She has also started to make these wonderful rabbits and cats. They are made with natural fabrics like linen. wool or cotton, with removeable clothing and lots of French Canadian style. Their names are delightful, featured here are Lapin Cerise, Lapin Sanae and Lulu.

Sarah says of her work “Les petites mains” comes from a desire to create things I liked, at my own rhythm and to fulfill my artistic needs. It was my way to slow the world we are living in… I needed to find back the pleasure of working with my hands at my pace.'

Lapin Sanae

Lulu
You can find more of Sarah's work at her Etsy shop or on Instagram, for chic rabbits and stylish cats have a peep.

www.etsy.com/uk/shop/lespetitesmains or instagram.com/lespetitesmainss


No comments:

Post a Comment