Thursday 27 April 2017

A New Doll Size, Milly Dolls

This is Milly, she is a new size of doll with a tiny frame and refined proportions.  I love making my bird dolls and really enjoy the size, so I redesigned a pattern to make a smaller doll and Milly mini dolls were the result.

As always she has a hand painted face and hand embroidered eye lashes and brows. Her hair is hand styled powder pink wool tops and she is dressed in a lovely Liberty Lawn called Poppy & Daisy.  The finishing is neat with organza ribbon and tiny buttons, little leather shoes and a lavender bag.

She is stuffed softly with lavender in her stuffing and  a rose quartz heart for love. She stands just under eleven inches tall and I thoroughly enjoyed making her.  The pattern is quite versatile and I hope to be able to make Milly dolls in different styles, which I am greatly looking forward to. I hope she makes you smile too.





No comments:

Post a Comment