Monday 17 October 2016

Little Red Riding Robin

 I have wanted to do this for a while and spent the weekend making Little Red Riding Robin.

She is my normal embroidered Robin doll with the addition of a sampler style pinny and a red silk lined cape.  Her pretty dress is made of a Moda cotton called Petite Odile by French General and it gives the doll a gentle balance of reds and pinks.  She also has some pink to her embroidery to tie everything together.

She has coordinating underskirts and knickers with an embroidered lavender sachet.  Her dress is finished wih silk ribbon and buttons to the back. Her hood will sit nicely on her head but looks better down to emphasise her head with all the embroidery and this enables it to hand from the brass hook on her back.  She is only tiny, being around eight to nine inches tall and this gives her a delicacy that I like with these dolls.  I think I am going for an Alice ( in Wonderland) Blue Tit next.





No comments:

Post a Comment