Friday 6 November 2015

Friday Folksy Finds - Rustic

I keep hearing this word rustic applied to all kinds of craft and to some people it seems to mean rough and badly made.  I don't agree, rustic should have bags of county style with a great worn finish.  I decided to have a look around Folksy to find that country look.

Ditsy Blue

Ditsy Blue is Karen Trezise and she makes all kinds of wonderful little beads and jewellery from polymer clay.  This little owl caught my eye because he looks like he is made of bronze, I don't know how this lady manages it but the finish is great.  There are owls in a range of colours, all looking like bronze and some delightful little houses that are so tiny.
 

Reclaimed Time

I know very little about this maker but love his weathered look.  He uses salvaged and reclaimed materials, hence the name and also drift wood from the east coast beaches.  This piece has that real rustic charm, all country and no messing.


Clark Jewellery

Again I know very little about this maker, who signs herself Wendy.  She is on a journey to find her inner child making very handsome jewellery as she does it.  I love the no nonsense set of this deer antler tip on a leather strip I could see my god sons wearing this or on a silver chain perhaps.  It is so versatile.  Check out the shop for some very interesting pieces, a good place for presents.


Daisy Beth

Not being a great or enthusiastic knitter, I do however appreciate knitting in other people. Daisy Beth is run by two North Yorkshire sisters, Catherine and Jennifer Law.  Their shop is a real find, with lots of styles and designs with lovely colour combinations.  This cushion caught my eye with its warm snuggle feeling and charming rustic buttons.  Lots to see at Daisy Beth and worth a visit. 

Kara Leigh Ford Ceramics

If you are talking rustic there has to be a mug.  Some of the worst excesses of supposed rustic charm come in the form of mugs too heavy to lift but not so Kara Leigh Ford Ceramics.  This is everything you want in a hand made mug.  Wheated colours, soft contours and oodles of personality.  Just think hot chocolate on a wintery evening after a walk in the woods, this would soon become a favourite.

Found lots of lovely rustic items on Folksy, these were just my favourites but check out BitsofTree, Blue Butterfly Crafts and Scruffy Buffalo for other interesting finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment