Friday 27 November 2015

Friday Folksy Finds - Crafty Kits

Well five Robin dolls later I am just catching my breath and looking forward to getting set for Christmas.  Our Christmas cake is made, cards are bought or made but not written and I nearly have all my presents, apart from two mice by Peach Plot, they will be coming from The Little Northern Contemporary Craft Fair on the 6th of December and a pair of socks I am knitting for David.  My husband has announced that he wants hand knitted socks for every birthday and Christmas for the next ten years, oh joy!

With us all being in the throws of present buying I had a look at kits on Folksy and found some wonderful ideas.  Kits for Christmas are one of my favourite present ideas because I think after Christmas when its too cold for the garden or its dark and a little bleak, a little bit of something different gives you a lift and what better than a new craft project.  So here are five of my favourites.

Lorna Bateman Embroidery

You cannot go wrong with one of these lovely embroidery kits by Lorna Bateman.  They come with everything you need and are very generous with thread, the designs are so pretty and the instructions are good.  Check out her range of patterns in the shop, from samplers to scissor keepers, a very good selection.

Sewgirl

Sewgirl is Fiona Hesford and her shop is a great collections of well designed sewing kits from totes to soft toys all with her good taste and colourful pattern combinations.  She has a blog if you want to follow more of her hand mades.


Mary Janes TEAROOM

This lady's shop is one of my favourite places to look on Folksy, her knitting patterns are some of the best doll designs I have seen anywhere.  She does just patterns as pdf downloads and also doll kits. Her range includes little girl dolls and little boy dolls, a wonderful array of rabbits and much more. Again she has a blog which is well worth having a peek at, to be found at maryjanestearoom.com with the most delicate touch and colours.

The Little Lancashire Smallholding

This is a new shop to me and from my neck of the woods, just loved the little acorn kit, which combines needle felting with crochet.  Rainy Williamson is a craft teacher who runs classes on her smallholding and makes a great range of kits for her shop.  One of my favourite kits is a three hour workshop at her place in Bolton, what a great idea.  Lots of goodies here, check her out.


Evie la Luve DIY

Well what can you say, what could be more British than a make your own knickers kit.  Saw this and it made me smile, its a lovely idea and one of the more unusual kits you find on Folksy.  I'm tempted to try one just for the experience and they would make great gifts for the god daughters.

There are lots of great ideas for kits on Folksy, have a peep also at The Billy Sugar Shop and Katie Essam.

Well on with my Crested Tit Doll, she was put on hold for my flock of  Robins, enjoy the build up to Christmas, it is really getting going now.  I sometimes think this is the best time, before the event.  Its good fun and not as intense as the big day.  Warmest wishes on this grey day.


No comments:

Post a Comment