Tuesday 22 September 2015

Tuesday Talent - The Quiet Revolution

Long Tailed Tit

 This a new section of my blog, every Tuesday I want to share an artist that I really enjoy.  This first week is London based illustrator Claire Skully whose work you can find at www.thequietrevolution.co.uk.

She is seen in galleries around London and has worked on many exciting and unusual commissions, that you can view on her website.

I find the detail of her bird pieces, which are part of the Bejewelled section of her site, just stunning.  I adore the fiddly detail and strong graphic elements of her work.  I feel that she can but the lines just as she wants them and that there is nothing arbitrary about her construction. They are some of the most original depictions of birds that I have seen recently.  Claire's Bird Roots, shown in the Nature Drawing sections of the site, is so subtle and so beautiful that I cannot tear my eyes away and keep following the lines to find hidden elements.  There are a series of these excellent drawings all different and wonderfully intricate.

Check out the website as there are a myriad of gems to visit, looking at the exhibition section you are amazed how big these intricate pieces are.  A real find and a site I will visit over and over.  Please enjoy.

Bird Roots
Blue Tit

No comments:

Post a Comment