Friday 15 May 2015

Friday Folksy Finds - Little Monsters

Just one week to go to the end of Becca's degree and you should see the mess - it is quite something.  Forget going in the cabin, that's not happening and the big room in the house is overflowing, I am reduced to sketch book work in my bedroom!  I don't mind, you only finish your degree once in a lifetime and both David and I are so proud of her working so hard but Oh my can she spread out.

The most brilliant news is that she has been accepted onto the MA at Uclan and she starts in September this year.  Knowing that sadly (but by necessity) I am going to hand over my workshop to Becca I have started sorting out to return to the workroom in the house and I came across many forgotten photo albums of my little monster when she was young.  Never one for dolls, with Becca it was always monsters, aliens and ghoulish creatures.  For several years she went to sleep with a two foot cockroach character from MIB the film - she called her Cynthia.  With this in mind I went in search of little monsters that my little monster would have loved.  There are some real sweeties.

fiona t.

This adorable mummy from fiona t. would have been a much loved addition to Becca's monster collection.  Tiny fabric anything was always a much loved favourite of my girl.  This lady makes zombie foxes and wonderful zombie sloths, great for the budding xeno biologist.

MAYKI

Really attractive personalised print from MAYKI, they do several different monster styles as well as gentler prints for all kinds of occasions.  I particularly like the Russian Matryoshka Doll print which would have suited me down to the ground when I was a little girl.


Kina Ceramic Design

This is a wonderful shop run by Kina Gorska, these little monsters would have truly appealed to my girl.  She has always enjoyed anything miniature, beautifully formed little things enthrall her, this lady also has the most delicate tiny brooches some monsters but all kinds of other designs.  Have a peep at this shop, there is a real quirky elegance here.


Make with Mum

At six years old a pink monster that would fit in your pocket would have had Becca in raptures.  'Make with Mum' is run by Polly McNamara and she has peg dolls by the dozen, as well as peg doll kits.  There is a very healthy collection of monsters too.  Great shop with original ideas - the monsters are not suitable for small children but would look great as an alternative ornament or mascot.

BellaOski Designs

My search for little monsters lead me to this cool shop, BellaOski Designs is run by Debbie Hawkins and there is some very stylish alternative baby wear to be found here, including this Nessie print dribble bib.  Headbands, bandanas and bibs are just some of the designs all in really original prints.  For indibaby ideas have a peep here for something different.

Great selection of mini monsters to be had in the shops on Folksy - some really innovative designs along a monster theme.  Becca has just glanced at my selection and I have had an approving nod at my finds, great coming from a monster collecting maestro.

Every one have a great weekend and I will go and find somewhere to sit that isn't covered in Becca's design work.

No comments:

Post a Comment