Sunday 15 June 2014

Orla, Florrie, Maeve, Livia and Polly Dolly Brooches


I have made so many of these little ladies just lately, all for a wedding of a lovley couple from Dumfries - a little bride and groom, five pink silk skirted bridesmaids and thirty six little girls in pink as favours for the ladies, Janine the blushing bride, gave them to her guests before the wedding to wear as corsages, she collects dolls and had a doll themed wedding. Great fun, so I thought I would make a few more for my Folksy shop. They are lovely and fiddly to make and I settled on using net as a underskirt to reduce the weight, they stand at just slightly over 11cm or 4.5inches with a little brooch back. They look great on denim and an aunt of mine wears hers on her summer fleece and it looks good.
I am thinking of trying out some more summery versions with summer dresses and short bolero jackets without the winter hat and with maybe a head scarf - I am still working on the idea and will post one as soon as I work it out.  I am refining the bride and groom and will definately post the happy couple when I've worked them out more to my liking.
I hope you like them and would love to hear more of your comments. All the best, Pook.



 

 
 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Love your little girls, each one a sweetheart and so handsomely dressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my dear, your support is always much appreciated - Mum

    ReplyDelete