Thursday 12 September 2013

Little Flower Sampler

This little sampler I finished the other day is reminiscent of the colours that always linger this time of year, before the leaves really start to turn but when the hedges are full of blackberries.  I have been collecting blackberries for pies and for dyes later on in the season and the colours stay with me.  I didn't put any blackberries on this sampler just little flowers and buds but I remembered a scarf I made in felt several years ago and I made it at this time of year.  In August and September rich pinks and greens really resonate with me.  Give it another few weeks and I will want nothing but oranges, yellows, browns and reds, the acers in the garden are starting to have a brilliant show but its not quite Autumn yet, its coming but its not here. The sampler is quite small and uses varieties of herringbone, different variations on crosses, french knots and half rhodes plus other stitches that took my fancy.  I think that it is quite pretty, if a little girly but it looks good stretched and framed, ready to go.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment