Friday 15 September 2023

Frogs on my Mind

 

I am working on a large froggy wedding for a lovely bride who is a herpetologist. I cannot share her dolls but I have frogs on the brain so I am showing two of my frogs, George and Dalipha, who live in my workshop.
For the froggy wedding, my bride has sent ivy leaves and ivy berries to dye the dupion silk a rich warm green. I have been sent flowers, leaves and seed heads which I have dried to go inside each doll. These have come from my bride's family home, along with pieces of moss agate there are other little keepsakes in each frog. Little poems and tiny photographs making each one special for the recipient. The little froggy brooches are by Kayleigh Radcliffe and can be found at www.etsy.com/uk/shop/kayleighradcliffe
The frogs are both large and small, boys and girls each tied together with a lily of the valley fabric by Lewis and Irene from Flo's Wild Flowers of 2018. It is a considered commission and I am loving every inch of it.







No comments:

Post a Comment